7 Reasons For Doing Online Therapy With Us
- We are client-focussed, compassionate, warm and authentic and invested in supporting you to EVOLVE through life
- We are deeply passionate about delivering evidence-based therapy that works for you- if it doesn’t work, then we will use another approach that does!<br>A “one size fits all” protocol is not what we believe therapy should be
- We are trained in a range of effective and cutting edge therapies that are backed by sound research for various mental health issues
- We operate online so that you can access us wherever or whenever you need!
- We provide various options for online therapy services so you can choose a medium that best suits your needs and preferences, whether, video, phone, email or group support
- We use secure and end-to-end encrypted video conferencing and practice management software, so you always have peace of mind that your details are safe AND SECURE
- As we are online we are able to charge fees that are considerably less than the Australian Psychological Society’s (APS) recommended fee of $254 per session. You may also be eligible for funding through your Private Health Insurer OR Medicare via a GP/Paediatrician/Psychiatrist referral.
What Is a Counselling Psychologist?
The Association of Counselling Psychologists in Australia provides an thorough summary of what a Counselling psychologist is. Here are the key points:
- “Counselling Psychologists provide assessment, diagnosis and psychotherapy for individuals, couples, families, and groups, across a wide range of psychological issues, problems, and mental health disorders”
- “They use evidence-based therapies and evidence-based therapy relationships to help people resolve mental health disorders or psychological problems and move toward greater psychological health”
- “Counselling Psychologists have a distinct philosophical stance, recognising the strengths and resources of people at all levels of psychological functioning. They collaborate with people in a therapeutic relationship to bring about meaningful change”
- “The current minimum standard of training for a Counselling Psychologist is 8 years, including accredited post-graduate training through a Masters, Doctorate, or PhD in Counselling Psychology followed by supervised placement in the field”
- “Counselling Psychologists are rigorously assessed for their competency with a particular focus on managing complex and challenging cases in the general community setting. Expertise in both counselling and psychotherapy are the central domain of focus”
- “In addition to providing individual therapy, Counselling Psychologists are also trained to deliver couple therapy, family therapy, and group therapy”
- “Amongst the various specialty areas, Counselling Psychologists train in the most diverse range of psychotherapy techniques. This includes a wide range of evidence-based therapies and common treatment factors”
- “They frequently provide eclectic or integrative treatment approaches inclusive of cognitive-behaviour therapy, interpersonal therapy, brief dynamic therapy, and existential psychotherapy”
- “Counselling Psychologists are focused on tailoring their therapeutic approach to meet the unique needs of individual client cases, paying close attention to aligning treatment with the context of a specific case and the personal values and meaning system of the individual receiving care”
- “Counselling psychologists also receive specific training in the delivery of group-based psychotherapies. They are skilled in the design and facilitation of groups for both therapeutic and psycho-educative purposes. Across a range of settings and client populations, Counselling Psychologists develop and apply group interventions tailored to the specific needs of agencies, programs, and individuals seeking support”
Our Evolve Vision
To deliver integrative, evidence-based online therapy that prioritises and adapts to the uniqueness of each individual.
Our Evolve Values
- HOLISTIC AND BALANCED WELLBEING
- INCLUSIVITY AND DIVERSITY
- PROFESSIONAL INTEGRITY AND ETHICAL PRACTICE